Incident Investigation Workshop
July 20 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$40 – $65
Mode of delivery: Virtual workshop, instructor-led; attend from anywhere.
Workshop length: Half Day
Who should take this course: Managers, supervisors or joint work site health and safety committee members or health and safety representatives who are leading investigations.
Workshop description: Incident investigations are a critical part of the continuous improvement process. Investigating incidents with loss or a potential of loss creates a proactive situation where an undesirable event becomes a learning experience to prevent recurrence. The course focuses on identifying the root causes of incidents to enact systems changes to prevent hazards from arising repeatedly.
- Understand how incident investigations fit into the safety program.
- Describe an effective incident investigation program and its benefits.
- Conduct an effective incident investigation.
- Identify the direct, indirect and root causes of incidents using the information gathered.
- Recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Compile an incident investigation report.
- Explain the importance of analyzing incident statistics and trends to assist and direct investigations.
Use theoretical and real examples to go through the investigation process and complete a root cause analysis of an incident.