- This event has passed.
Hazard Assessment & Control Workshop
June 26, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$40 – $65
Mode of delivery: Virtual workshop, instructor-led; attend from anywhere.
Workshop length: Half Day
Who should take this course: Supervisors, individuals leading the formal hazard assessment process, joint work site health and safety committee members or health and safety representatives
Hazard assessments are a key safety program activity. The core concept of the safety program is to identify, assess and control hazards. Learn how to build effective, comprehensive formal hazard assessments, how hazard assessments support your program, and how to maintain compliance to OHS legislation.
- Explain why hazard assessment and control is a key safety program activity.
- Describe the responsibilities for employers, supervisors and workers in the hazard assessment and control process.
- Describe the different types of hazard assessments.
- Categorize hazards according to their category and/or source.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hazard assessment process.
- Recommend ways to control hazards using the hierarchy of controls.
- Define practices to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of hazard controls.
Activities: Along with theoretical activities, this course will walk you through the process of building a formal hazard assessment.